Substance Abuse Treatment
Many substances can create certain feelings on demand. Whether the substance is alcohol, medication, or other drugs, it can cause serious problems if your use of it slips out of control.
The best indicator that you can regain control is your desire to make a change. Kicking a substance use problem is not easy, and the more help you obtain, the better your chances of succeeding. I am passionate about helping people rediscover their strength, and providing them with a roadmap to help them stay strong.
Here are some of the skills that help people overcome dependence or abuse:
- Developing insight into why you use a substance.
- Talking about both sides: what you like and what you don’t like about your relationship with a substance.
- Identifying triggers.
- Filling the hole that the substance filled.
- Learning to tolerate urges – they can be intense, but they are always temporary!
- Building up healthy social support that can keep your mind engaged with other things.
- Trying a vacation from the substance to evaluate what you really feel like when you are clean.
Dr. Daniel Tucker believes it is important to create a comfortable, informal, and respectful environment where you can relax, build trust, and feel safe enough to allow the healing to begin.
I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues providing services that span from therapy for depression and grief counseling to parenting support, couples counseling and beyond. In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, I offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my client’s individual needs to help them attain the personal growth they’re striving for.I’m passionate about helping my clients achieve their goals and look forward to talking with you. Feel free to call me at any time; I know it is a big first step! Dr. Daniel Tucker (714) 884-9561 Psychologist Counseling Therapy Santa Ana CA, Tustin CA, Orange CA